🤷🏽♀️ Why do I need a gym induction? Everything you need to know!
09 Jun 2022
Not sure why you need a gym induction, or want to know whether you need to book one?
Here's everything you need to know about inductions at the Pelican Centre.
Why do I need to book a gym induction at the Pelican Centre?
If you're interested in joining the Pelican Centre's gym, you'll know that you need to book an induction. But what's it for and why do you need one? Here we answer your FAQs on gym inductions.
❓ I want to join the gym. Do I need to book an induction?
Yes, if you're signing up as a new member, or if you're new to the gym, you'll need to book an induction before you can start using the equipment.
❓ I've had an induction before, but I'm returning after a break. Do I need to book an induction?
As long as we've got your completed medical PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) on file from your previous induction, you don't need to book another induction as a returning member.
If you'd like a free refresher though, please just ask!
❓ I'm a personal training client. Do I need to book an induction before my PT sessions?
No, your personal trainer will complete a medical PAR-Q and give you help and guidance in using the gym equipment. You don't need a separate induction.
❓ I've used other gyms before. Do I need to book an induction for the Pelican Centre?
Yes, even if you're a seasoned gym-goer with bags of experience, you need to book an induction when joining the Pelican Centre before you can use our gym facilities.
❓ I only want to use one or two pieces of equipment. Do I need an induction for everything?
Yes, whether you want to use everything on offer in the gym or just a few pieces of equipment, you still need to book an induction with a PT.
❓ My child's attending a Junior Gym session. Do I need to book an induction for them?
No, young people attending Junior Gym sessions receive their induction as part of their session. They don't need a separate gym induction.
❓ I've booked my induction but I'm keen to get going. Can I start using the gym in the meantime?
No, you need to have completed your induction before using the gym for any sessions. Why not book a PT session, gym training programme or lifestyle session to get started on your goals?
❓ I know how to use gym equipment. Why do I need an induction?
We know that many of our members are comfortable with using the gym and its equipment. However, inductions are essential for new members for a few reasons:
- We need to complete your medical PAR-Q which is held in our Centre records before you get started in the gym.
- We need to prove that we've shown you how to use the gym safely, in a way which cares for you, the equipment and other gym members
- It's a requirement of our insurance that everyone using the gym has an induction by a qualified instructor
- We need to get to know you too - whether you have any particular goals or needs, and whether there's anything we need to look out for to make sure you get the most out of the gym
❓ What other benefits might I get from an induction?
An induction is a great way to get to know the Centre and the gym better. By booking a gym induction you'll:
- Help to prevent injury by understanding how to exercise safely
- Learn which equipment will suit you and your goals best, and how to get the most out of each piece of equipment
- Get to know our personal trainers, and learn who and where to go to when you need help
❓ How much does an induction cost & how long does it take?
A Pelican Centre induction costs £7.50 and lasts around 40 minutes.
❓ How do I book a Pelican Centre gym induction?
You can book your induction online on ClubRight. Check the timetable and book online.
Book your gym induction online!
Don't see the information you need? Just get in touch with the Pelican Centre team!